Sunday, July 10, 2016

THE SEMINAR PORTION IS JUST GETTING UNDERWAY!

This is going to be a life changing experience as I am joined by 130 students representing 24 different states and 4 countries!

Let me share a little bit of what took place today. The drive took around 4 hours to the town of Berea, Ohio where Baldwin Wallace University is located. Berea is a nice suburban area outside of Cleveland. Upon checking in I realized that it is a small world. I ran into a colleague from Indiana University of Pennsylvania IUP at check in who was interning with residence life that remembered me from Residence Hall Association (RHA) at IUP. The dorms are really nice. I am living in a 6 person suite and my      roommate is from Monroeville.


The first session kicked off at 6:30pm. The meeting was informative on what was expected of us during the academic portion of this two week adventure. A heavy emphasis was placed on networking and having an elevator sales pitch ready, because the next two weeks are vital for meeting a potential employer and building a great network. I am thankful for my Toastmaster friends who have prepared me to shine in such endeavors.


Tonight in briefings we where assured that some 15,000 secret service, FBI, and security personal will be on the ground in Cleveland. I hope that will alleviate some of your worriers for security. 



Can't get anymore official than lanyards! and



Carrying bag
Textbook and
Notebook


You can expect updates from me every night after a full day of events!

Tomorrows updates:
First academic seminar
Cocktail party!


Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment